Friday, September 23, 2011

How do you write a gay sex scene for a book?

I'm writing a book and the two main characters are gay. I need to write some sort of sex scene between them, well I don't need to but I want to. And I don't really know how to write a sex scene between two guys. Any suggestions? Or maybe tips?|||I have to agree with Beautiful Nightmare. Perhaps you can describe the moment leading up to... IT... but don't actually describe it. Something that worked really well for me was having one character pull the sheets over her and her lover, then have it skip ahead to her waking up. It might be the best idea to not write about it in detail; a before-and-after thing.|||What hapens is that they **** eachother in the ***, then we all stone them to death.

Report Abuse


|||You should also maybe consider seeking counseling as what you are writing about is messed up!

Report Abuse


|||well you could have gay sex yourself and then you would know how to write about it ;)

Report Abuse


|||Michael B is obviously in denial %26amp; desperate for some hott man sex ;D

Report Abuse


|||The first two answers are right. Although I have never written a homosexual intercourse scene, I do not disapprove, but being at a slight disadvantage by not knowing, I would say lead up to, let the reader know it is going to happen and stop there. The same thing works for hetero love scenes, and to me it makes it seem more personal and loving than if you describe the act for everyone to be a part of.|||If you don't know how to write it don't do it.





It's suprising how many writers screw up their story because of their sex scenes. If you don't know how to write it and you don't have to write it, don't write it. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment