Friday, September 23, 2011

What grade should sex education start, in public schools ?

The stork delivering babies should be shot out of the sky in 1st grade. And the sex education continues from there.





Contraception, protection from ST-D's and the high divorce rate for teenagers. All taught,before 7th grade (13 yrs old). When the kid's will need the information. What is your opinion ?|||I know there are those who say it's the parents who should be teaching their children about sex education but many parents won't talk about it with their children due to personal discomfort with the subject or in the hopes that by not telling them anything, they won't have sex. Many children won't listen to their parents anyway so it's better that a neutral third party tell them about sex instead of having them pick up information from their friends, which is often inaccurate. Many parents themselves aren't very knowledgeable about sex or they have information that is outdated or obsolete.|||I was taught that stuff in 5th grade. I was a little too young to understand what they were talking about... maybe my teacher was just terrible. I remember failing the test we had on it.|||i believe that sex education should be taught between 4th and 6th grade. Kids need to have the knowledge substantially before its an issue for them.|||6th grade, before they enter junior high. And they should be taught about stds and condoms and more than just "whatever you do dont have sex ever"|||I was taught early (at 9, I think) and I had no idea what I was being taught. I would say as a junior high student (7th grade) at the very latest some things need to be talked about. If you have a "fast" kid, then I would suggest much earlier.|||sex education should be taught in biology class, or in health class in high school. PARENTS are the ones who should teach their kids about sex at an age the deem appropriate. it's not up to the school to do these kinds of things because some parents want to teach their kids a different way.|||To me, the time they start teaching is not nearly as important as the content. I don't trust the government to teach sex ed properly.|||Never.





I think it is the responsibility of the parents to teach their kids about sex, NOT the State's.





Let's keep the State where it belongs -- as much as possible out of our business and lives as possible.





F the nanny state to hell!|||6th grade, because the next grade is when the pregnancies begin.|||It is illegal for children to have under age sex. I'm not sure what the high divorce rate for teenagers has to do with anything.


I think that childen should be taught according to their age and by the time they are at high school, getting into the nitty gritty of contraception, etc etc.


I do think children should be allowed to be children, and not be encouraged to have sex. We don't teach underage kids to drive a car - there is no need to teach children too much about sex.


I have answered my own children's questions freely, without restraint, as I felt they were ready to understand the answers. I have had long discussions on homosexuality, orgasms, oral sex, etc etc. So I do know what I am talking about.


You have to be careful - there is a fine line between information and encouraging sex through curiousity. My children are fairly open and it drives me crazy when they tell me how many of their friends are having unprotected sex - at 12.


If the prime minister of the UK's wife ( a successful barrister) got her contraception wrong, it is stupid to expect children to get it right.|||well i started to get taught in year 6. it continued on through year 7, then we got a little bit more in year 9. that was okay for me, but im not sure at my school (which was catholic by the way) did it like that. idve much preferred if they either put the high school ones in the same year, or in years 7 and 8.





i think a good time to start educating teenagers about it is the time that i was, so at the end of primary school or at the beginning of high school

No comments:

Post a Comment