Friday, September 23, 2011

How important is sex to a relationship?

Mental, physical, or emotional makes up a relationship right?





I think they are the same importance. You have to care, you have to be able to communicate well and be intellectual equals, and you have to be physically attracted to each other.





I think it's silly how some people think physical is the least important. If you don't think your partner is sexy then aren't they just your best friend? I think sex is the defining difference between best friend and lover. I doubt I would even be able to sleep with someone I didn't find sexy.





What do you think?|||You're right, all those elements are important, but with regard to sex, not only is it important to find them attractive but also to have the right TYPE of sex so that the attraction doesn't die. Some authors call it Karezza. You can take a look at my sources for more info.





“The usual sequel to the orgasm is demagnetization, indifference, too frequently irritability, disgust, repulsion and a craving for stimulants, but Karezza irradiates the whole being with tender, romantic, peaceful love."





- John Lloyd (AUTHOR OF THE KAREZZA METHOD), 1857-1940





“Sensual gratiļ¬cation without a spiritual union is and will always be bestial, afterwards one has no trace of noble feeling but rather remorse.”





- Beethoven (COMPOSER), 1770-1827|||"and you have to be physically attracted to each other."


Not necessarily. You can be attracted to someone without thinking of them in an impure way.





"If you don't think your partner is sexy then aren't they just your best friend?"


No, thinking someone is beautiful and thinking that they're....

Report Abuse


|||sexy are different. Beauty and sexiness are different. They are not inexricably linked. I'm not attracted to my best friend. I'm not in love with my best friend. I would never kiss my best friend on the lips.





"I think sex is the defining difference between best friend and lover."


Wrong....

Report Abuse


|||Attraction is the defining difference, and again, attraction and sex are two separate things which aren't inexricably linked. You can be attracted someone without desiring to have sex with them.


However, with all that said it IS also possible to be physically attracted to someone and think they're

Report Abuse


|||sexy but still love and respect them as a human being.





"I doubt I would even be able to sleep with someone I didn't find sexy."


I agree with you on that.

Report Abuse


|||i'll tell you my own conception . For me, passion and love ( emotion) are different. Passion is desire, attraction, when you see a sexy girl, you like her, you want to sleep with her.... it's 70-80% passion.


Love is emotion, when you feel that you miss that person, you think of her and want to have her in your arms. When you sleep with your lover, it's emotional and physical passion, not only physical desire. At that moment, you dont care if she's a hottie or not. All you care about is you two can "feel" each other. Of course physical is important, but it's not the element which defines everything. If it is for you, then it's not love, just desire, overnight and that's all.





I have a very hot friend and he's my very close friend. Even he asked em out, I denied because I dont have any other feeling for him than friendship. I just cant make out with him because ther's no emotion, even he's so handsome and hot body|||I agree with you. There has to be some physical attraction, but it isn't the most important. If it was, then you would have a relationship based solely on sex which isn't healthy. Sex shows the connection between two people. Before you have sex with someone, make sure you connect with them on all levels otherwise they aren't right for you. Hope this helps answer your question :)|||I agree. All three are depended upon each other. If you're lacking in looks, your personality must make up for it, and if you're uber hot then sometimes one can look over lack in mental.





Most people say mental/emotional is mroe important because they don't want to admit that they are shallow, but people swim all over, It changes as frequently as waves do in an ocean.|||Sex is the whole point of romantic relationships. Without sex, it's just friendship.





Sex isn't everything, or necessarily even the most important thing, but it is very important.|||well there is this one guy i know that i'm really into, i'm pretty sure he is into me in the same way,. we've hooked up before, but we are both at 2 different points in our lives.... sex just complicates things sometimes|||As a guy it is hugely important! Dont believe me, just withold and watch the relationship slowly disolve......|||not that important. but a guys gotta get his sex somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment