Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What does sex mean to you in your marriage?

I read in another post that men do everything in their marriage because they are motivated by sex. (I am sure I completely messed that up. Sorry if I misunderstood your point of view, Shannon)





What role does sex play in your marriage? How do you view sex?|||In my marriage, sex is one of the many ways that we bond with each other and build intimacy. Its something special that we only share with each other. And of course it meets our physical needs, as well. Its not the MOST important thing about our relationship, but it is VERY important. To both of us.





I don't know whether the statement you read is necessarily true or not, obviously I don't think like a man, but I bet that it definitely becomes true when one partner uses sex as a bargaining chip or something that has to be earned through "good behavior". When you choose to share yourself with someone out of love and for no other reason, then your spouse doesn't have to alter their behavior to make sure they get satisfied.|||I think men ARE sexually motivated... its called lust... but that doesnt mean that they're incapable of having other intentions too (like love). In my marriage, sex plays a huge role. I dont want to say that everything revolves around sex with us, but it kinda does. I mean, sex makes both of us feel wanted, loved, relaxed, sexy and physically taken care of. With all those things out of the way, we can focus on communication, trust, finances, family life and work, with nothing interferring... As seperate people, we just love sex. And as a couple, we love sex even more. We are very affectionate (always touching or cuddling, etc) and playful (betting sexual favors or being open to experimentation) and i think that reflects how often we have sex and how passionate it is.





If my husband all of the sudden stopped having sex with me, i couldnt go too long before i slept with someone else or left him... And men are the same way. Its just a normal human reaction.|||For me, in my early years, sex in marriage meant everything. It was a way of expressing my love for my husband and to draw close. During the child rearing days, things slowed up a bit only because I was exhausted, but we still managed it a few times a week. Now that I'm older, I still want and enjoy sex only my husband now has health issues which makes getting and maintaining an erection a problem so sex is often put on the back burner. I miss it but try to make up for it in other intimate ways such as kissing, holding each other, holding hands, etc. Time changes us all. At least for me, I know, that sex is no longer the chief motivating factor for my husband to do things for me. When he does things it's out of a loving heart and not from the bulge in his pants.|||I think sex plays an important role in a marriage. It is a way to interact in an intimate way and to show love and care in a very personal way. For my husband and I sex is something that we use as a point of enjoyment and pleasure. It is not a main goal for either of us, even though we have sex almost every day. I think it is a fundamental part of our relationship but is not more important than trust or love for us.|||A Sex role,whats that.Some how sex is work to a women and when they don,t want to work they won,t,So if you want sex don,t bother because its work.I look at women every day and and view what it would be having sex with curtain women,oh they look so good.but its like a fantasy to us guys.S o you have your own personal fun.Sex is only okay for women who want it because they want closeness to someone.|||sex plays an important role but it definitely isnt everything.. sex is what keeps some men motivated but for others its the love for there wife and kids etc.. knowing they have a family to love and support..





sex is a way of the two spouses to show love to eachother physically..


they please eachother so its also kind of like a thank u.. lol


its not as important as other things such as loyalty respect commitment etc.. but its definitely a great feeling|||My wife and I use NFP, natural family planning, in order to avoid pregnancy and it works great. It is great using NFP, we did not always use it, it really has brought us much closer. Sex is important to us because it is nice to please and bring pleasure to one another. Sex brings us closer together, there is some very real science involved with this. I don't do anything to purchase sex from my wife, we do not treat sex like a currency in our relationship. That is not to say I do not do some things to make our sex better and yeah that can include a chore or two, but really this is to turn her on.|||It's a physical expression of our love and commitment to one another. It's another way to connect and communicate our feelings toward one another. Women need to feel loved and appreciated to want sex, but men need sex to feel loved and appreciated.|||It's something we both want, sometimes at the same time. I don't like to use it for bargaining, and when she occasionally tries to use it to get her way, I'm totally turned off. It means a lot to both of us and is best appreciated without strings attached.|||Sex is fun, it's a way we express our love for each other (one of many), it's intimate, it feels great, it connects us, and again, it's fun. I can tell you - it is not the only thing that motivates men - that's bunk.|||For most women, including myself, it's an expression of love.


For most men, including my husband, it's a physical release.

No comments:

Post a Comment