Friday, September 23, 2011

Should sex be avoided the further along you get in pregnancy?

I am 36 weeks today and my husband and I are still having sex :-) my dr said it is fine but I have been reading that sex brings on labor. What are your thoughts on sex towards the end of pregnancy? Any good or bad stories?|||I think as long as it still feels good and your dr says its ok, go to town! I had sex until the day I went into labour with my first and I fully intend on doing the same with this one.|||If you feel the need and want to do it, then do it! I have two children and I had plenty of sex all along in my pregnancy. They say it can bring on labour, but they don't know this is true. It has not been proven. Your doctor says it is ok as well, so why are you worried. You the saying about when the apple is ripe it will drop. Well your baby will come when it is ready to come, regardless of any remedies and old wives tales. So go on and have as much fun as you need. Best do it now anyway because once the baby arrives there will be little time for such activities I assure you!!!|||My husband and myself had`sex all the time while I was pregnant. They do say sex will bring on labor but it didn't work with me. From 38 to 41 weeks we were having sex almost every night but nothing happened. I had to get induced. I guess it all depends on the baby and if he/she wants to come out. If you and your husband enjoy having sex still then keep doing it. I know alot of men who cant have sex when their loved ones show. ENJOY!!! |||After your child is born it will all end, have as much as you can now. Though be gentle on the child. If its hurts your tummy it will hurt your child. Have fun good luck, may the fun keep coming after the baby arrives. Don't be afraid to bring on labor with sex, it's more natural than a lot of the crap doctors do now.|||as long as your dr okays it, go ahead. Sex late in preganacy can be good for you. Sperm can help ripen your cervix, making it softer so that when you are ready for labor it goes a little more quickly. As longa s you are comfortable, go for it.|||As long as its not very painful, you can engage in sexual activity, but yes, it can encourage labor. I'd advise against it, to be honest, just to b safe.|||sex only helps with labor when your body allows it to. and it is the sperm that does it. your body will not go into labor until the baby is ready so having alot of sex or no sex you will go into labor|||With my first daughter I tried having sex to bring on labor and it didn't work. She was 3 days late and I had to be induced. Having sex is fine unless your doctor has told you not to.|||It's fine, like others have said, it will only bring on labour if the baby is ready, my husband and I had sex every night when I was pregnant with our second, she was 6 days overdue.|||It's just fine. It shouldn't bring on labor (sometimes it helps but it's usually not the cause) unless you're over due. That's what I've read. =]|||It is fine. It will be a long time until you do so take advantage.|||well it should help your vagina widen for your babys fat head....however the childs head might come out lumpy|||yes u r right. sex brings labor. my suggestion would be, dont have sex if u r pregnant, cuz its bad for the child|||nope go for it if ur in the mood ur in the mood have fun!!!|||try it call ur doc|||yes becuz you dont want to poke the baby





congrates

No comments:

Post a Comment