Friday, September 23, 2011

Is sex truly important in a relationship between a man and a woman if there is great companionship?

If you're older- (50) -and just have no interest in sex--and haven't in a long time, but enjoy the companionship and sense of family in your relationship-is that unusual? We haven't had sex in 5 years because neither of us is really interested. There are no affairs going on - we're both overweight and just seem removed from the physical side of love.How many of you are in a relationship where there is little to no sex, but the friendship, family and companionship is strong?|||The importance of sex is completely based on the partners' individual interests in sex. I don't know whether or not your situation is considered unusual, but if you two are happy together without sex and enjoy your lives, then no, sex is not important for you.





Companionship is great in my relationship. We also both have high sex drives, fetishes, and love to do all kinds of kinky stuff together. Sex is important because we both enjoy it so much, and we have sex every day. We are a younger couple and neither of us are overweight.|||hell yeah it is! if your in a relationship for too long, without having sex, the relationship will most likely lose interest. it also shows that your willing to take the next step

Report Abuse


|||07815457510


wna have sex il show u!!

Report Abuse


|||I don't think sex is absolutely necessary, but I do think it helps couple to stay bonded. Being overweight isn't usually a reason not to have sex - sex is not just for the young and beautiful! In a long term relationship, sex is usually an expression of love and commitment rather than hot passionate lust.





I think it's possible for a sexless relationship to work when there are other forms of intimacy and closeness. I think it's extremely important for couples to have physical and verbal ways of expressing their appreciation for one another. Cuddles and kisses can be very important.





But to be completely honest, I do think it's a little unusual for someone as young as 50 to have lost interest in sex. Do you masturbate? Does your partner? If not, maybe you should! And if you do masturbate, well, there's clearly some sexual interest there... so could you involve your partner in that?





I think it's kind of a shame to give up on the pleasure of sex while it's still possible to enjoy it.|||I could never imagine a relationship without a good physical connection. This isn't because I'm some nympho, but I just enjoy feeling that closeness with the person I love and am with. Its hard for me to have a romantic relationship with someone who I feel no physical chemistry with... if that isn't there, than the relationship can be caring and loving, but may only be a friendship. A marriage or dating relationship deserves some passion!





It may all be just a personal choice and a sexless relationship may be possible... but I can't help but wonder if your relationship couldn't be even better yet if there was still that physical connection. Do you still have romantic feelings for each other? I would recommend that both of you try to get into shape. Not only for the sexual drive that you may regain with weight loss, but for your health as well. It's hard to want to be physically intimate when you're overweight. (I know personally, I used to be a little heavier.) When your body feels physically tuned up and healthy, your desire for physical intimacy may very well return!!|||I must admit that I'm a little shocked at the answers here. Then again it is a Saturday night so all the ones I expected to answer are off doing something or someone.





In any case, there are not set rules I know of to be in a relationship. There is no form to follow. No road map. If what you do works for you then who is anyone else to say differently?





Sex is over hyped in society anyway. I was shocked at the answers because I was sure there would be a rain of boos and hisses from the sex obsessed crowd but like I said, they are probably out. There are plenty of relationships that do not revolve around sex. Being asexual and visiting AVEN I've had the pleasure of reading about people who are married and have never had sex. Hell, I've never had sex and couldn't care less about it.





The important things in a relationship are whatever is important to the people involved. If you're happy why should you care whether you "fit in" to someone else's idea of what a relationship should be?|||I'm not older as in 50, but I was in a relationship when I was 27 with no sex. The relationship lasted almost a year, we never slept together, but we were happy in other ways. We communicated very well, we never fought. The only reason the relationship ended was because of family problems. Sometimes sex complicates things. I don't think there's anything wrong with not wanting to have sex.





You say you're both overweight, that might have something to do with the lack of interest. Maybe not though. Some people just don't need sex to have a meaningful relationship.|||Lack of sex drive might be a symptom of obesity and or other health problems. I suggest you talk to a doctor.





Any way's.. the truth is alot(but thankfully not all) women are happy with a sexless marriage but (for the most part) guy's aren't. Notice the 50% or more divorce rate?





All I know is regardless of age(well I guess when you get way up there it might become difficult or physically unsafe)


if I was married and had to deal with that kind of abuse(denying sex is a form of emotional and physical abuse) I would go right to an attorney.





But your husbands acceptance is it what he said openly and honestly or what you hope he would say?





Maybe at this point the idea of starting over is scary, but sooner or later divorce is an inevitability of this kind of abuse.





I suggest a diet+exercise+ marriage councilor.|||Sex is not the life saving elixir that will make all humans perfect. It really is not that important. It is normal to NOT have sex. If you don't believe me then stop watching television, reading any books magazines etc., and don't hang out with people anymore. The removal of the oversexed BS in this country will make you realize that the only reason you THINK you need to have lots of sex is because of brainwashing.





I think all humans should stop having physical sex until the population of humans goes down to about 1 billion.|||Jibberish nonsense!!!! My wife and I are WELL over 50 and have been married to each other for 37 years. We have sex regularly and it is a very important and vibrant part of our relationship. The kids are grown and we have fun and relax now. Your relationship should not start dropping pieces out of it simply because you are getting older, it's up to YOU two to keep those flames burning in all catagories, not just partnership %26amp; family.|||Although it is imp to have a strong companionship, it is also imp to make love once in a while.


When you are married, and have a good companionship, as you mentioned. You both connect, intelectually, emotionally, and mentally.


But with sex, it is sharing intimacy with one another. It is the moment you can show your partner the love you cant express in words. It is a way of making her actually feel the love, and not hear it. It is when you both can show each other how much you adore one another, and how you love every inch of their body. It is when you focus only on that person, and no one/nothing else. When we make love, we shut the whole world out, and leave our senses to the moment - to the emotions we feel. It is when you can make each other feel Beautiful. Feel accepted. Feel loved.


It is when you let your emotions take over your body. When you two can go back in time, and feel young again. Its a secret place that only you two have shared for all these years.


Its time to go back and visit.


If there are certain* problems that cant make sex possible, then there are certain ummm meds to fix that. If that cant be an option, then dont have sex. But become intimate. Maybe by kissing passionately. Looking into her eyes again, like the way you did the first time you fell inlove with her. Touch her. Caress her. Hold her.





sigh.. this is making me miss my bf :(|||Hello. Sex is not the most important thing in a relationship. If you can talk you have the best relationship in the world. I know people who do not have sex but they are the best lovers and best friends and it is what makes you both happy so don't worry what others say ok. You are a good person. I wish i could have a relationship as strong as you. Take care anad good luck ok.|||if you're not interested but you're still happy together, that is fine. I don't see anything to worry about. The main problem would be if one of you was still interested in sex and the other wasn't.





My husband and I are both over 50 but he is still very interested in sex, and so am I. If one of us had gone off it then there might be a problem, but so far that hasn't happened.|||It's up to the two of you, BUT: I think too many people have this 'problem' (low or no sex drive) and accept it as just 'normal'!





And I beg to differ.... Although you have a good relationship, I bet your relationship would be much more passionate and fulfilling if you both had a healthy sex drive. I am willing to put my money on it!





I think low sex drive is a symptom of a larher problem and should be addressed. Why anyone would think this (and gathering from the answers on here) normal, is a real worry as far as I'm concerned....|||There's a whole community of people that have sexless marriages by choice. People with no sex drive find each other and marry.





I think if you are both happy in the relationship it doesn't matter how much sex you have. There's really only a problem if one person wants the sex and the other doesn't. I don't think sex makes a relationship stronger at all.|||Only a woman would ask a q like that.


ANSWER: no sex? guy leaves. period.














as to the type FRIENDship YOU are talking about (that isnt the same as a "relationship"), i have one of those, and i'll tell you honestly the day she gets interested in a guy and gets sexually involved with him, when it wouldnt have been the thing with me? And here we are all pally wally? I am going to be crushed.





I want to be a desired man.





Who doesnt.





Aslo....think of someone coming along and taking your friend's attention away!


So now that friend spends little or no time with you, and doesnt need you anymore.


That'll suck too.|||The only thing that would make your situation a problem would be if you two dwell on if it is normal or not. Whatever your marriage is comfortable with is normal for you. I would suggest that since there isn't alot of physical loving going on, to make sure to nurture each other emotionally and menatally. Always be sure to say "I love you" and make each other still feel attractive.|||My personal answer to your question is: YES, DEFINITELY. GREAT SEX IS WHAT A REAL COUPLE IS BASED ON.





However, I'm just 38, fit and my fiance's 35 and fit too and we both have a very high sex drive, so, my answer is just a personal one. If you and your partner are happy like this, and it works, why should you worry about what others think? Main thing is you're both happy and satisfied!|||Wow, I guess it would really depend on the ppl in the relationship..However this question has made me examine my life because I feel sex is a very essential part of a relationship..Yet companionship is as well.. If everything is going on but sex it could still work i think...If you love someone any way it shouldn't just be about hitting the sheets..I better take my own advice..LOL!This was a good question...|||You shouldn't worry about judgment; whatever makes you happy. You have to make sure that you are feeling content and fulfilled. It's possible that due to body image issues, you were never comfortable with your sexual life anyway. I happen to have had a friend who never had sex and has never been interested.|||That was my last girlfriend. We loved each other, but didn't really feel that sexual attraction. Besides, she was asexual anyway, she just wanted somebody to go to the movies with and kiss, on occasion.





It was nice, not feeling that need to sexually prove ones worth. However, we had to call it quits because she was a player...





I do not jest.|||I don't think it's important. I consider companionship more important than sex, and even more if it's a great companionship. Sex is important or very important just for a short time. Companionship is very important all the time.|||it shouldn't matter abotu sex,


as long as the people in the relationship are happy,


it's a joint desision that should have a contribution from each person in the relationship.


it shouldn't however effect your relationship what-so-ever.|||It's up to the people in the relationship. If you are both happy, what difference does it make. 50 year olds DO have sex. So do 70 year olds. They don't videotape it to watch later or anything, but ....


I suspect there are more people like you in the world.|||If you don't find it to be important, then it's not important. If it's important to one of you and not the other, then it's still important and could possibly ruin your relationship.|||Sex is not the most important thing in a relationship so if you do not need it and neither does him why to worry about it? go on with the relation ship and enjoy companionship and the sense of family.|||Sex isn't important unless its important to one of you. If its important to you or him one needs to help the other out once and a while even if one of you is not interested.


Losing weight will bring back more sex.|||If neither of you is interested in having any more sex, fine. That's pretty common for older couples. If it's only one of you, you might run into some problems.|||If neither of you are that interested then there is no problem. There would only be a problem if one was and the other wasn't. Love goes far beyond the phsycial, especially sex.|||Sex is important but it's not everything, Try to be grateful and accept your partner.


I have an information which maybe could help you, please follow this http://xplodepills.com/?ariswin|||The answer is yes.





BTW:





50 is young. Very young.





If you are overweight, start an exercise program. You will increase your libido and you reduce your waist size.





Oh, and again, sex is very important.|||Well, it doesn't matter really. As long as you both love each other. And if both of you agree that you don't want sex then yes, I think that's OK. It's totally up to you about sex.|||it is totally normal. Even as a young man, I don't find sex as important as companionship, although it is so important.

No comments:

Post a Comment